Thursday, November 16, 2006

Are you working for Money?

Is the Answer a Yes? Are you really working for money? Well in that case your situation is not good. Working for money is not what any of the Rich people does. To retire early the first and the most important thing you have to do is to change your outlook about money.

Money is very essential and important; I am not suggesting you to choose sainthood when I am asking you to quite working for money. All I am saying is that you have to change your outlook about money. If you keep on working for money, you will end up having no money. Yes, that’s a truth.

So what needs to be done?
Well the idea that we are discussing here is to retire early, so this obviously means that we want to establish a system of earning money without the need to work. That is what retirement is all about. The retirement I am talking about is indeed financial retirement. So one simple idea is that others work for you; But who would work for you and how?

Well let me illustrate this a little bit. Last week I was going through the local newspaper classifieds section. I have this habit of reading through it every Sunday. I was struck with a few business opportunities, where people wanted money. I read through then and most of them seemed not worth it. But there were two which were quite good. One of them which I really like was like this.

It was from a Company, a rent a Cab Company, which was Limited and were offering an attractive per month income for a one time investment. To be exact they were offering Rs. 4000/- per month for the next five years in return of Rs.1,00,000/- to be invested in them. This comes out to be more than 18% p.a of interest. And the amazing thing was that at the end of the 5 year tenure, they were also offering Rs.70,000/- back.

It appears risky right? There is too much risk in investing in such offers? Is this what you are thinking? Even I used to, but after I have acquired the knowledge of F.I., I am more confident now. I visited the Company’s office, investigated the clients they service (which consisted mostly of Govt agencies) and then decided to invest in them.

And the decision seems to be working fine till now. So am I suggesting that we should start looking for such opportunities? Hmmm, well you can but what I want to impress upon you is that we should actually start looking at money differently.

The first thing to remember is to start thinking positively about money. Changing your job or getting a higher salary is not always going to help to reach your goals. What you need is the right kind of investments. We will look into the various options in the next post…

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home